From east to west, bears roam the backcountry searching to satisfy their hunger. The Bear Vault will help keep your camp food from being their midnight snack with its Grizzly and Black Bear approved design. It's super rugged polycarbonate construction resists impact from curious creatures and has a rainproof lid to keep foods dry. The vault boasts a lightweight, extra wide rim for easy packing and a clear design so you can locate items with ease. Slip this bear resistant canister into your pack or strap it to the outside with built-in guides.
Why we love it:
"I have used this product on many backpacking trips to make storing food in bear country much easier. This canister is clear so I can easily find the food I need faster. It does not require tools to open. Also, after a long day of hiking, it makes for a good camp chair. I walk the canister 200 feet from my campsite and place it in plain sight (so I can find it more easily the next day). This canister will fit in most packs vertically, but not horizontally. I have seen animals try to get into it, but after a few minutes, they give up and leave. I highly recommend this item for trips where bear canisters are required, like many national parks. The larger canister supports about four days of food for two people on average."
— Clay, Mast General Store - Boone, NC
- Grizzly and black bear approved
- Transparent for easy food selection
- Easy access wide opening
- Innovative patented design allows open/close without tools
- Extra wide, rainproof opening for easy access, loading and unloading
- Easy to attach to pack with built in strap guides
- Easy to slip into pack
- Food capacity: 700 cu in (11.5 liters) or roughly 7 days
- Material: super rugged polycarbonate housing
- Average weight: 2 pounds 9 ounce
- Opening dimensions: 38 sq in
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 12.7 inches (22.1 x 32.3 cm)
No Reviews Yet!
DON'T MISS OUT ON GREAT DEALS!
NEW EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS