FROM CRADLES TO CASKETS COMPILATION CD
From Cradles to Caskets follows the rich musical heritage of the Appalachian Mountains and the history of the Mast General Store. Released as a part of the 125th Anniversary celebration for the store, the listener will find music as diverse as the items on the store's shelves.
All of the musicians featured on From Cradles to Caskets have a personal connection with the Southern Appalachian Mountains, and many have chosen to stay in the area where they were born and raised. Several of the performers play in the stores on a regular basis, while others can be found performing at many regional venues. The final selection, "Little Rosewood Casket", was recorded live at the Original Store in Valle Crucis, NC.
- Rock the Cradle, Joe/ Don Pedi
- A Quarrel with the Landlady/ Steve and Ruth Smith
- Wagoner's Lad/ Sheila Kay Adams
- Going Across the Mountain/ Jim Taylor
- Lime Rock/ Doug Phillips
- Shortnin' Bread/ Roger Howell
- Old Steam Train/ The Calahans
- Harvest Home/ Jo Northup
- Over the Moor to Maggie/ Andrew Magill
- Cluck Old Hen/ Laura Boosinger and Josh Goforth
- Grandfather's Clock/ Mark Pruett Band
- Shady Grove/ Bill Morris
- Old Zeke Perkins/ Randy and Deborah Jean Sheets
- I Love My Wife As Well As Anybody, But When My Back Is Turned, She's Huggin' Everybody/ Don Pedi
- Still No Place Like Home/Amantha Mill
- Love So True/ Wild Blue Yonder
- Willie's Old Trews/Sleep Sound In Da Mornin'/ The Forget-Me-Nots
- Mole In The Ground/ The Lone Tones
- Uncloudy Day/ The Christian Quartet
- Little Rosewood Casket/ Naomi and The Home Folks (recorded at the original Mast Store)
No Reviews Yet!