The Viking is a revision of a Helle classic that was produced as part of a fund-raiser for an around-the-world cruise of a Viking longship. Modeled after the blades used by the Vikings as their go-to tool of choice, the knife is notable not only for its historical interest, but also as an excellent all-around utility knife. The blade is rather thick and made of laminated carbon steel. To give it a rustic look, the black finish of the heat treatment is left on the sides. The tang of the blade is peened over a diamond shaped washer, and the handle is subtly shaped for comfort and control with a variety of grips. It comes with the traditional sheath that hangs from a thong.
Why we love it:
"I love the feel and weight of this knife, and the rustic look of an old Viking knife is fun to look at, too. The curly birch handle is durable and beautiful. Great for carrying while hunting, fishing, or just walking in the woods.
— David, Mast General Store - Greenville, SC
- Weight: 4.1 ounces/ 116 g
- Blade material: Triple laminated carbon steel
- Blade thickness: 0.14 inch/ 3.7 millimeters
- Blade length: 4.3 inches/ 110 mm
- Handle material: Curly birch
- Handle length: 4.1 inches/ 105 mm
- Sheath material: Genuine leather
- Sheath weight: 1.3 ounces/ 38 g
- Design: Helle-design
No Reviews Yet!