The Mast General Store is always happy to share our history and hospitality with our guests and friends. Here are a few suggestions to ensure that your visit the Mast Store is one that will make for fond memories.
- Our buildings are old and of an historic nature. Therefore, they will be somewhat less accommodating to some people that have difficulty in getting around, but every effort has been made to make them accessible.
- The age and the nature of the buildings also make it difficult for us to handle extra large groups. If your travel plans consist of more than one coach traveling with your group, special arrangements may need to be made.
- October is our busiest month for visitors. We regret that we cannot accommodate motorcoaches on the weekends. Our stores are simply filled to their capacity with guests visiting in cars. We realize that your business is built on your clients having a good time and positive experience during your travels. That's why we suggest that you plan leaf-looking visits to the Mast General Store in Valle Crucis during mid-week when we are better capable of providing your group with the service it deserves. It is imperative that you call for reservations during the month of October.
What happens when you arrive?
The following is only available to those who call ahead to make reservations.
- A Mast Store representative will greet your group on the coach (if possible) and give a brief overview of the history of the Mast Store.
- Each visitor will receive a coupon to be used during their visit.
- We'll treat the driver and the escort to a "Mast Store Country Lunch" during their stay at the Original Store (for those of you unfamiliar with the menu, it's an RC Cola and a Moon Pie)
So, here are the points to remember:
- Call at least two weeks ahead of your visit to make a reservation at the store for your group - let us know how many to expect and when you're arriving so we can staff appropriately.
For visits to the Valle Crucis Store, call 828-963-6511
For visits to the Boone Store, call 828-963-6511
For visits to the Waynesville Store, call 828-452-2101
For visits to the Hendersonville Store, call 828-696-1883
For visits to the Asheville Store, call 828-232-1883
For visits to the Greenville, SC Store, call 864-235-1883
For visits to the Knoxville, TN Store, call 865-546-1336
For visits to the Columbia, SC Store, call 803-771-2300
For visits to the Winston-Salem Store, call 336-727-2015
- We will advise you on where to park or to have your group disembark before parking your coach.
- For more ideas on stops to include in your adventure or group-friendly places to eat, you may want to contact our partners at the local tourism offices.
Boone and Valle Crucis, NC • Explore Boone • 800-852-9506
Waynesville, NC • Haywood County Tourism • 800-334-9036
Hendersonville, NC • Henderson County Tourism • 800-828-4244
Asheville, NC • Explore Asheville • 828-258-6109
Greenville, SC • Visit Greenville • 800-717-0023
Knoxville, TN • Visit Knoxville • 800-727-8045
Columbia, SC • Experience Columbia SC • 803-545-0000
Winston-Salem, NC • Visit Winston-Salem • 336-728-4200
If your plans change or you are running late, call ahead to let us know. Call from the location immediately preceding your Mast Store stop, so we will know exactly when to expect you.
We at Mast will do our darndest to make your visit an enjoyable one.
Thanks—and we look forward to your next visit with us!
For more information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.