Positions In Roanoke, Va
Mast General Store is a values driven organization that fosters an environment where employees are encouraged and supported to do their personal best. The company strives to be a part of the greater community by getting involved and giving back. Mast General Store actively supports many causes relating to human needs, arts, education, conservation and preservation. Carrying on the traditions of a general store includes helping our neighbors!
The Mast General Store in Roanoke, VA is now hiring part-time and full-time sales associates in all departments. Applicants must be outgoing, energetic and have good communication skills. Previous retail experience preferred. Open availability required.
Part-time employee benefit package includes PTO at 6 months, employee discounts, bonus and incentive programs and 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Full-time employee benefit package includes health, life and disability insurance, PTO at 6 months, employee discounts, bonus and incentive programs and 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Also taking applications for the following Store Support positions. Store Support positions may be scheduled to work the sales floor in addition to the following duties.
Sales Support Associate - Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Takes in the truck shipment, breaking product out by department.
- Recycles all cardboard and any other recyclables.
- Keeps back stock areas neat and clean and safe from hazards.
- Appropriately and correctly receives new merchandise and transfers.
Visual Merchandiser – Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Provides Visual Merchandising training and support which includes:
- Properly merchandising fixtures, shelving, hardware and grids for maximum sales potential.
- Merchandising floors by category, sub-category, function and color.
- Training on how to build displays and strike tables for marketing promotions and weekly ads.
- Training on how to transition departments into and out of upcoming seasons. Proper placement of new arrivals, older merchandise, over-stocked merchandise, markdowns, etc.
Store Trainer - Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinates the initial employee orientation
- Coordinates ongoing training for staff
- Makes effective presentations
- Spends time in each department
Please bring completed application and apply in person at the Department of Economic Development, 117 Church Avenue SW, Roanoke, VA January 23-25 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., January 30-February 1 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. or email completed application to Employment@mastgeneralstore.com. No phone calls please.
Follow this LINK to print out an application.