POSITION: MEN’S FOOTWEAR BUYER
LOCATION: VALLE CRUCIS, NC
CONTACT: JEFF CARTER
Mast General Store is a values driven organization that fosters an environment where employees are encouraged and supported to do their personal best. The company strives to be a part of the greater community by getting involved and giving back. Mast General Store actively supports many causes relating to human needs, arts, education, conservation and preservation. Carrying on the traditions of a general store includes helping our neighbors!
We are now accepting applications for a Men’s Footwear Buyer. The Buyer is responsible for assembling and purchasing merchandise assortments for the departments and/or classifications assigned which reflect the company's designated image, sales growth, and margin objectives. He or she works with humility and grace, embracing and adapting to change, while maintaining respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Develops and maintains models for replenishment stock.
- Places orders for stock, schedules orders, and obtains confirmation from vendors.
- Transfers and consolidates stock as needed.
- Places markdown pricing on stock.
- Marks stock for sell out status.
- Runs reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations to discontinue items.
- Reviews and takes action on ‘past cancel’ orders and over-shipments of stock.
- Places special orders.
- Keeps all files, price lists, catalogs, descriptions, etc. up to date. Gathers all email addresses for all vendors. Maintains correct terms and contact information for all vendors.
- Reviews and analyzes items for placement on MSOL; keeps pertinent information up to date.
- Develops a weekly department communication, as determined by the department Lead Buyer.
- Completes a weekly summary of accomplishments and provides to department Lead Buyer and/or Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Coordinates with Lead Buyer as frequently as necessary regarding current buying strategies and open-to-buy considerations that should be evaluated while making purchase decisions.
- Conducts vendor market research for assigned department and reports findings to the Lead Buyer and/or Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Is responsible for the sales and the gross margin of the assigned departments, acting as their department market representative for the company.
- Recommends to the lead buyer and/or the Merchandise Planning Manager items, groups or themes that should be considered for inclusion in company promotional efforts.
Full benefit package includes health, life and disability insurance, PTO at 6 months, generous employee discount, incentive programs and 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
PREVIOUS FOOTWEAR/APPAREL BUYING EXPERIENCE STRONGLY DESIRED.
Please send completed application, resume and salary requirements to JeffC@mastgeneralstore.com by September 1, 2022. No phone calls please.
Mast General Store®, Inc is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Click HERE to download an application.