2019's Top 13 Gift Ideas
- December 04, 2019 |
The holidays – it’s a time when lots of questions are asked. How do reindeer fly? How does Santa visit everybody’s house all on one night? And what would be a good thing to get John, Susan, and Beth? While the answers to the first two questions will require a lot of research and debate, Mast Store has the answers to the last question. Here are our top 13 gift ideas for 2019.
- Sherpa Adventure Gear/Mast Store Outfitters Rolpa Fleece – A great layering piece at a reasonable price, the Rolpa features two zippered pockets on the women’s cut and a zippered chest pocket on the men’s. Available in three colors.
- Cotopaxi Fuego Jacket – Flash back to the 1980s in this retro-styled 800 fill down jacket is made by a relatively new company on the outdoor scene. While we like the jacket, which is available in both men’s and women’s cuts (along with a vest for women), we really love what the company as a whole is doing. Their goal is to create innovative outdoor products that fund sustainable poverty relief, move people to do good, and inspire adventure. While you’re here, check out their del Dia packs. They purchase scraps from other outdoor makers, pieces that would otherwise be discarded, and make them into these colorful bags. The sewists are allowed to choose their own color palette, so most every pack will be different.
- Socks – Now stop rolling your eyes, these aren’t your grandparents' socks we’re talking about. These have features, fun designs, and are warm ta boot! Choose from Darn Tough, Farm to Feet, Mast Store, and Smartwool – these brands all feature merino wool comfort, which means warmth without the itch! Then, of course, there are the world-famous Mast Store Christmas Socks that make for a fun tradition on Christmas morning.
- Salty Dog Gloves – These gloves for men from The North Face are soft, warm, and easily make the switch from the trail to the sidewalk with their timeless knit look. Don’t worry, you can still use your devices because they have e-tips on the thumb and forefinger.
- Spot Headlamp – Don’t be misled, headlamps are not just for spelunkers and extreme outdoorsmen. A headlamp is a thoughtful gift for most anyone. They can be useful for changing a tire on the roadside, working in a crawlspace, or yes, returning back to your car after a long day hike. This model from Black Diamond is full-featured and waterproof.
- Go Time Wallet – This handy-dandy accessory from KAVU is just right for any girl on the go. The Go Time Wallet holds some folding money, your ID, a credit card, and perhaps your cell phone and keys, and there are several colors and patterns to choose from.
- National Geographic Guide to State Parks – Start planning your warmer-weather trips now. National parks are more well known, but there are many state parks that are deserving of a visit, too. This book provides some trip-worthy ideas.
- Monkey ‘n Banana – You can’t leave Fido off the gift list, and this game from Zippy Paws is perfect. How long will it take him to figure out how to get the monkeys out of the banana? Once he wins the game, just pop ‘em right back in and start over.
- Instantly Southern Cookbook – The Instant Pot is all the rage now, but once you work your way through the short list of recipes, what do you do next? The Instantly Southern Cookbook can help! It is filled with Southern classics like Chicken and Fluffy Dumplings, Hoppin’ John, and 5-minute Mac and Cheese.
- Youth Pico Pack – Start them exploring when they are young! This pack from Deuter makes us jealous that we can’t get fun designs like these in an adult size. It will easily carry snacks, a water bottle, a rain jacket, and maybe a notebook and map to keep track of the journey.
- Water Bottles – Everyone is trying to drink more water, and if you keep it close at hand, you might just reach your goal. There’s a water bottle for every whim, need, and desire. Try these extra cute options from CamelBak for youngsters, step up to a myriad of designs (and colors) from Hydro Flask, check out what Klean Kanteen has to offer, or see if one of the classic bottles from Nalgene is best suited for your gift recipient.
- Board Games - An old-fashioned board game makes a wonderful gift that will be enjoyed by everyone for years to come. There are classics for youngsters like Candy Land and Uncle Wiggly and games that are fun across generations like Parcheesi, Clue, or Apples to Apples. And there are games that are fun, and if you're not careful, you might learn a new word or two - like Bananagrams.
- Old Ranch Flannels – Nothing says “warm up for winter” like flannel, and Old Ranch flannel shirts are like old friends. While Old Ranch is a new brand at Mast Store, its roots go back to the 1970s. The bright colors used by Old Ranch are certain to warm up any winter day and will be a favorite of your gift recipient. Styles available for men and women.
If you still need a few more ideas, click on over to the Mast Store Gift Guide. It is filled with ideas including stocking stuffers.